|Date of Birth|
|Occupation||City Council Leader|
|Associations||City Council, ran against Camryn Scott, Douglass Finlay|
Silver Mine Reopened
City officials today officially reopened one of the city's historic silver mines as a low-yield educational facility. "The mine will produce precious little silver at this point," said city council member Nathan Earlywine. "What we have built here is practically a museum, and will enable schoolchildren to experience what it was like for our forebears in the early days of Perplex City."
-- The Sentinel, 05-JUL-05
- Believes defense budget "provides more than municipal defence"
- In favor of expensive upgrades to Ng General Hospital
- Entered the mayoral race against Camryn Scott and won on 18 OCT, 2006
- His campaign has had a very hands-on nature, touring schools, teaching civics lectures, and urging the students to give solutions to city problems.
- Encouraged opening the Old Silver Mines as historic educational centers
- Stated the mines will not produce large volumes of silver again, but are good for students to see the process
- In favour of open-air discussions (especially when they benefit him politically), and delivering tax breaks to "early-life renters"
- Largely filled with anti-Earth sentiments.
Earlywine said that Earth was screwed up enough without us giving them extra ways to blow each other up." I gulped down some wine.
- In favour of a Public Resources Allocation Scheme, which would upgrade and integrate all government offices in the Greater Perplex City region into a single centralised system.
- 25-MAY-05 - Earlywine announces he will be running for Council Leader.
- 20-OCT-05 - Earlywine's run for the Leader position is suddenly stymied by Douglass Finlay.
- 17-JUL-06 - First of many City Council Electoral Debates
- Earlywine made a proposal to significantly reduce the array of instruments included onboard the AQSYS aircraft over a period of years.
- 25-AUG-06 - Finlay arrested; Earlywine expressed disgust, saying "Those who would seek a council seat should hold themselves to only the highest moral and intellectual standards."
- 28-AUG-06 - took the opportunity of a massive power outage to point fingers at the Academy, who truly had nothing to do with the blackout.
Scott, Earlywine Even in Polls
Recent polls indicate that sitting Council Leader Camryn Scott and Council Member Nathan Earlywine, both candidates for the Council Leader post, are now running neck-and-neck in public opinion following popular candidate Douglass Finlay's exit from the race. The poll also shows fellow candidate Shannon Powell trailing with a scant 2% of the vote, and a full 18% of those polled remained undecided.
Sentinel, news in brief, 11-SEP-06
- 14-SEP-06 - Once again made a direct assault on Camryn Scott in one of his standard get-to-know-the-masses open air propaganda machines. Nothing new was stated. Hot button rhetoric in a three ring circus. The crowd seemed to like it, anyway.
- 07/08-OCT-06 - Held a string of media appearances, including one at the Silent Heralds Club, denouncing what he describes as a 'Culture of Earth Admiration'.
- It was observed that Earlywine was lagging behind in polls, and this slate of motivation may be just the thing to push the election one way or another.
- 16-OCT-06 - The Sentinel reports on the goings on at Lancewood and Viendenbourg, citing the experiments conducted on Jake Maine and numerous canines.
- City Council was called into immediate emergency session all day to discuss the matter.
- 17-OCT-06 - After a vote of no confidence in Scott, it was announced that the City Council election is to be moved up to the 18th, just 1 day away.
- 18-OCT-06 - Earlywine wins the position by a 3% margin
- 20-OCT-06 - Earlywine passes executive order NE-3309, which required the immediate lock-down of the Earth/Perplex City link.
- 03-NOV-06 - Announced plans to Appoint an Academy Oversight Committee
- 16-NOV-06 - Academy Oversight Committee Members Appointed
- 05-JAN-07 - Was briefed on the discovery of the Earth Link Infiltration, and was quoted as saying that he found the matter "very disturbing."
- Planned an all-day session with his predecessor, Council Member Camryn Scott, to discuss the matter, suggesting that he may be open to a change in policy on the handling of the data link and interworld relations.
- 15-JAN-07 - Earth link was reopened, since the firewall had been hacked anyway.
- Kurt was held responsible for the hacking, and was summarily suspended.
- Also, Earlywine's public opinion seems to be flailing.
- 09-FEB-07 - commended those in the city, especially Helena Frye, for her marvelous work at raiding and crippling The Third Power in the city.
It has become clear to the City Council that the Third Power was an extremely dangerous group, and we authorised the police to spare no expense nor leave any stone unturned in their work to protect us all. ... Now that this danger has passed, we can strive to put this divisive and frightening time behind us and return to the work of building a better Perplex City.
- 13-FEB-07 - Nathan Earlywine attends celebration ball alongside Camryn Scott but refuses to talk to anyone.
- 01-MAY-07 - His PRAS was unanimously rejected by city council. A definite sign that power is waning.
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 12-APR-05 "Defence Budget Debated" link
- 25-MAY-05, More Headlines "Earlywine Casts Hat in Ring"
- article, 31-MAY-05 "Hospital Begins Renovation" link
- article, 06-JUN-05 "Earlywine Visits Schools" link
- news in brief, 05-JUL-05 "Silver Mine Reopened"
- article, 27-JUL-05 "Youth March Protests City Housing Policies" link
- article, 20-OCT-05 "Finlay Quits Consumer Giant in Run for Office" link
- article, 17-JUL-06 "AQSYS Program Too Bloated, Needs Cutting, Says Earlywine" link
- article, 20-JUL-06 "Earlywine Presses Advantage in Debate" link
- article, 25-AUG-06 "Finlay Arrested, Charged" link
- article, 28-AUG-06 "Academy Issues Denial of Involvement with Portal, Blackout" link
- news in brief, 11-SEP-06 "Scott, Earlywine Even in Polls"
- article, 14-SEP-06 "Earlywine Blasts Scott" link
- article, 28-SEP-06 "Scott Not Sweating Election, Insiders Say" link
- article, 02-OCT-06 "Mind Candy Releases Stones Game on Earth" link
- article, 05-OCT-06 "View from Earth: Earlywine in Disfavour" link
- article, 09-OCT-06 "Earlywine Denounces 'Culture of Earth Admiration'" link
- article, 16-OCT-06 "Academy, Scott Implicated in Human Trials of Wartime Tech" link
- article, 17-OCT-06 "Scott Fails Vote of Confidence, Election Moved Up" link
- article, 19-OCT-06 "Earlywine Wins Leader Post, Scott Retains Seat on Council" link
- article, 20-OCT-06 "Earth Link Locked Down by Executive Order" link
- article, 03-NOV-06 "Earlywine Planning to Appoint Academy Oversight Committee" link
- article, 01-DEC-06, "Kiteway, Committee Butting Heads" link
- article, 05-JAN-07 "Earth Link Infiltrated, Academy Says" link
- article, 15-JAN-07 "Earlywine Reversal: Earth Data Link Opened by City Council" link
- article, 09-FEB-07 "Council Speaks on Cube, Third Power" link
- article, 19-FEB-07 "Pair to Receive Award for Foiling Third Power" link
- article, 01-MAY-07 "Earlywine PRAS Initiative Rejected by City Council" link
- The Path of Least Time
- The Ooze Zone
- blog, 20-OCT-06 "A Song for The Deaf" link
- Humour (mostly): Nathan Earlywine is Guided by Dark Forces
- Though really, the case against him is increasing exponentially, in the eyes of many on Earth and in the city.
| Perplex City Council
LEADER: Nathan Earlywine