|Date of Birth|
|Occupation||Master of the Perplex City Academy|
|Associations||Project 487, Viendenbourg|
|sente.kiteway at perplexcityacademy dot com|
- The Master of the Perplex City Academy
- Lives in the Master's Lodgings, Milamont Parade
- Sente was elected to become the Master Of The Academy in 263AC on the retirement of Professor Alyce Turnbull
- Among his many ceremonial duties at the Academy is the opening of the summer barbeque, where he has to cook a meal for the top three students that year
- Sente is also referenced as "S" on letters shown on Perplexcity.com
- Sente has been called "The puzzle-solver, the bridge-builder."
- The root meaning of Sente is "playing first" (having the initiative). A player has sente if it is their turn and they do not have to answer their opponent's last move. Thus, a player who has sente can decide where to play next. Accordingly derives from the game "Go".
- Opinion of the Perplex City Sentinel is (often) that Sente should be removed as the master of the Perplex City Academy link
- Has two daughters, Scarlett and Violet.
- On 08-SEP-05, Iona was granted an Interview with Sente Kiteway, which was remarkably insightful on the man and his motives.
- He supports Anja Marlowe's Museum exhibit on The War;
- Made the surprising move of addressing the assembled with a statement of care.
- On 14-JUN-05, when he discovered Aiko was a member of the Reconstructionists, he contacted Anna Heath urgently informing her as well.
- He then sent the information on to the police, who swiftly arrested Aiko.
- Born in Vingate in Perplex City's northern quarter
- Took an undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Linguistics at Marmalejo College and joined the Academy's Cryptology department in 223.
- In 230, he published his seminal work on cryptological mathematics which is now the standard text for graduate researchers.
- Between 229 and 236, he worked as a Junior Fellow.
- He was a member of the puzzle-setting team for the PCAG on five occasions, and three of his cryptological puzzles won the Academy's Scribe Prize.
- In 237 he took up a senior position at Centrifuge, the city's leading technological security company, where he headed up the development of Redlock and the Hollowview Intelligent Defense System.
- In 252 he became Senior Fellow in Cryptology. In this role, he oversaw the growth of the department, securing over PCL 60 million in corporate funding and sponsorship as well as building strong ties for the department with the government and military.
- Professor Kiteway is well known for his research into autonomously-evolving cipher streams; the ubiquitous SNT coding device is only one of his creations.
- He has worked as a consultant to defence intelligence and in the financial sector.
- He has been a leader of several professional organisations, both in the private sector and in academia.
- He serves as Executive Director of the Games' Schools Programme, which encourages young people to participate in the annual Games and coaches them in problem-solving skills.
- Since 261 he has been Chairman of the Carrick Foundation, a charitable trust which awards grants to support technological innovation by small businesses and individuals.
- Professor Kiteway was elected to become the new Master of the Academy in 263AC, on the retirement of Professor Alyce Turnbull
- After the Blackout of 10-AUG-06, Kiteway and the Academy as a whole were accused of mis-using resources, maligning the city, and wreaking havoc on the citizenry. This caused Kiteway to pen an explanation of points, which explicitly mention, among other things, The Third Power.
- Read the explanation: http://pxcacademy.com/office3.html
On this team project were:
Assited in authoring A 269 Case Study on threat analysis of various government institutions including "review of possible indicators that critical and secure communications channels have been tampered with or compromised."
- Raw, obfuscated data is available at "269 Case Study Raw Data"
On this team project were:
- Sente Kiteway
- Hunan Mansoor
- Sanjean Adamek
- Inari Ekeba
- Eoin Morgan
- 16-OCT-06 - The Sentinel reports on the goings on at Lancewood and Viendenbourg, citing the experiments conducted on Jake Maine and numerous canines.
- City Council was called into immediate emergency session all day to discuss the matter.
- 17-OCT-06 - After a vote of no confidence in Scott, it was announced that the City Council election is to be moved up to the 18th, just 1 day away.
- 18-OCT-06 - Before election polling begins, Kiteway pens up a plea of understanding, which can be read on the academy website. link
- 05-JAN-07 - Rumor had it the Academy Oversight Committee had gained information implicating none other than Sente Kiteway in a coverup of Ryan Cahill's enhancer usage in the 267 and 269 PCAG championship finals.
- It suddenly seemed very possible Kiteway & Cahill may soon face criminal fraud charges, among other things.
- 15-JAN-07 - Kiteway and Cahill were arrested during the 2007 Founder's Ball.
- 17-JAN-07 - The Kiteway house, on Milamont Parade, was broken into.
- There are calls for Henrik Tanner, and many others at the academy, to be sacked and replaced.
- Scarlett and Violet get angry, and start getting in a mode to get even.
- The break-in appears to have been done by some member of The Third Power, who subsequently discovered "artifacts from the cube Theft"
- Assuming these artifacts were owned and used by one of the members of the household, The 3P kidnapped Scarlett.
- See: Operation Bayonet for more on this.
- 06-FEB-07 - Ryan Cahill confesses to all charges of drug abuse in a robust 30-pages.
- Sente is released from prison with all charges completely dropped.
The official residence of the Academy Master is in Milamont Parade, in a well furnished house with Ultra-modern Zingiber sofas and armchairs, Hausam-period urns, just across the park from the Academy.
The Master's Office address is:
Sente may be contacted by e-mail (though he rarely is given to respond):
- sente.kiteway at perplexcityacademy dot com
Media are instructed to contact Patrick Azadian, Assistant to the Master:
- patrick.azadian at perplexcityacademy dot com
- Season 1 Card #020 - Barbeque
- Season 1 Card #022 - Cold Fission
- Season 1 Card #040 - Baby on Board
- Season 1 Card #085 - Sweet Dreams
- Season 1 Card #088 - Pyramidal
- Season 1 Card #097 - 419 SCAM
- Season 1 Card #106 - Rickety Old Bridge
- Season 1 Card #128 - Perplexing Portraits
- Season 1 Card #146 - You Are Cordially Invited
- Season 1 Card #220 - Precision
- Season 1 Card #224 - Once Upon A Time
- Season 1 Card #229 - Ball Night
- Season 1 Card #252 - C. 237.85, F. 460.13,
Sente is somewhat ubiquitous. All occurrences of his presence may not be reflected below.
- Letter from Sente
- Sente's Signature
- Email sent to Sente (0595630738.cache)
- Perplex City Postcard
- Emails from Sente
- The San Francisco Connection#Sente's Message to us on Earth
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 16-JAN-04 "Cube Stolen in Deadly Raid" link See also: Newspaper Text
- article, 28-MAR-05 "Academy Plans Unravel" link
- article, 21-MAR-05 "Kiteway Unfit for Office" link
- article, 04-APR-05 "Kiteway's Role Revisited" link
- article, 18-APR-05 "Secret Kiteway Plans Leaked to Sentinel" link
- article, 02-MAY-05 "Receda Cube Recovery Plan Unveiled" link
- article, 02-MAY-05 "Kiteway Cheapens Honour of Leitmarks" link
- article, 19-JUL-05 "Sober Scrutiny of Kiteway's Schemes" link
- article, 08-SEP-05 "Iona Interviews... Sente Kiteway" link
- article, 03-OCT-05 "Museum Protesters Rally After War Exhibit Announced" link
- article, 11-OCT-05 "Sente's Team on Earth Delivers on Promises" link
- feature, 23-DEC-05 "Year in Review: Newsmakers of 268" link
- article, 23-DEC-05 "Leaderboard End of Year Round-Up" link
- article, 13-FEB-06 "Virtual Leitmarks Debut on Earth" link
- article, 20-MAR-06 "Earth Edition Celebrates First Anniversary" link
- article, 22-JUN-06 "Mind Candy Launches New Puzzle Site" link
- article, 14-AUG-06 "City Loses Power, Data Connection to Earth Lost for 2 Days" link
- article, 21-AUG-06 "Academy Secrecy Harms City, Council Must Intervene Now" link
- article, 28-AUG-06 "Academy Issues Denial of Involvement with Portal, Blackout" link
- article, 02-OCT-06 "Mind Candy Releases Stones Game on Earth" link
- article, 16-OCT-06 "Academy, Scott Implicated in Human Trials of Wartime Tech" link
- article, 17-OCT-06 "Scott Fails Vote of Confidence, Election Moved Up" link
- article, 20-OCT-06 "Earth Link Locked Down by Executive Order" link
- article, 03-NOV-06 "Earlywine Planning to Appoint Academy Oversight Committee" link
- article, 16-NOV-06 "Oversight Committee Members Appointed" link
- article, 01-DEC-06, "Kiteway, Committee Butting Heads" link
- article, 01-DEC-06 "Kiteway, Committee Butting Heads" link
- article, 05-JAN-07 "Kiteway Implicated in PCAG Drug Fraud Investigation" link
- article, 16-JAN-07 "Kiteway Arrested at PCAG Victor's Ball" link
- article, 18-JAN-07 "Academy Security 'Sievelike,' Says Expert" link
- article, 23-JAN-07 "Academy Students Wage Epic Annual Snowball Battle" link
- article, 05-FEB-07 "Cahill Confesses, Sente Sprung" link
- article, 23-FEB-07 "All the Earth Deserves the Thanks of All of Perplex City" link