Billion to One
PERPLEX CITY, SEASON ONE
- What if you lost your best friend's phone number? What if you wanted to find a person you hadn't seen in a long time? What if you wanted to meet someone you've only heard about? What if you had only a photo of someone you've never heard of?
- Season 1 Card #256 - Billion to One shows us a man, some Japanese text reading "Find me," and a little bit of scenery.
- His name is Satoshi, and one day, he set foot in Kaysersberg, Alsace, France.
Here is his picture:
Here is an interactive map of the town we think this photo was taken in:
And here are some relatively conclusive comparative photos about the area:
(In other words, YES, we are SURE he was in Kaysersberg!)
- But that's where the trail ends.
The full hunt is going on over here, at billion2one:
We are pretty sure:
- Satoshi is Japanese, based on the text on the card.
- There used to be a large Japanese community in the area, but that has dried up in more recent years.
Things we know Satoshi is not:
- He is not the Cube Thief.
- He is not working at Mind Candy presently.
- He is not one of a thousand random "Satoshi"s who look just a tiny bit like him.
- He is (probably) not working at the Kaysersberg tourism bureau.
Satoshi may have:
- ...gone to Japan.
- ...been visiting France briefly.
- ...moved to the Alsace area years ago and is living there now.
- ...died last week. (though we certainly hope not!)
- ...moved to America seeking new riches.
- ...been a homeless man who was flown to France just to have his picture taken.
- ...no idea what any of this is about.
- ...a secret lair in Bombay, and another in Madrid.
- while it's fun to imagine where he is, it's ultimately not very useful, hey.