From Perplex City Wiki
- The Egremont Prize is a prize for mathematical puzzles for 11-16 year-olds.
- The Egremont Prize was named for a previous Mathematics and Logic Senior Fellow of the academy Bella Egremont who died last year at the age of 102.
- All schoolchildren in the greater Perplex City area will be eligible to enter the prize competition, which will include a wide variety of numerical and logic puzzles.
- Announcing the launch of the Egremont Prize, Professor Astrid Lindstrom, current Senior Fellow in Mathematics and Logic said: "this represents a fitting memorial to Bella, who was always particularly interested in bringing the joy and beauty of mathematics to a younger audience."
- Prizewinners will receive a trophy as well as the opportunity to attend a prestigious summer school at the Academy.