- Theft Case Notes - General heading page
- Theft Case Notes/OB - Notes specific to Operation Bayonet, launched against The Third Power in Ascendancy Point
- Police detective
- Reports directly to Eoin Morgan
- Assigned the Receda Cube Theft case.
- Investigated the murder of Five of Cups owner Bernardo Holyoke
- Investigated the murder of Monica Grand
- Investigating the Reconstructionists, and The Third Power
- Friend of Pietro Salk and Kurt McAllister
- Is known to not publicly disclose all the details of any crime (a very common thing for law enforcement agencies to do) and actively lied about the high-tech goods found at the Five of Cups in this Sentinel article
- Went undercover in the Reconstructionist compound, starting 28-SEP-05, and was given the new name Sister Yael.
- Much of what she has done since that date has either been undercover, or in a delicate balance therewith.
- On or about 30-OCT-05, Frye was inducted into The Third Power.
- We originally learned about Frye by way of the Viard Album Secret Message, stating she is a member of The Third Power.
- If true, we could no longer trust the police, so this caused us great concern.
- This was possibly supported by unknown persons at the Gillit Road Station fiasco, as overheard by Kurt: "...want to know how Frye managed to get the police involved in this. Would've thought that the third wouldn't want to risk..."
- Eventually it came to light that all this was a set-up: that Frye is actually legitimate, and working covertly against the Third Power, and that the Viard message was designed to ruin the planned raid at Gillit Road.
- Since Kurt was at Gillit road at the time, he was promptly arrested. He then set about proving his innocence.
- Frye and McAllister have had a tenuous relationship ever since.
- Sometime in mid-to-late June 2006, she seems to have taken off to the wilds of Gladstone and Silburn-Griggs.
- She has pieced together the scope of the great executive cover-up within the city, determining the Academy is the source of Third Power support, and someone high within the academy and the police doesn't want their plans to be uncovered.
"Helena... do you trust her?" asked Violet cautiously.
"I think so. She's helped us before, told us about the Third Power's portal, and she seems to be capable of working outside of Council or Police authority." Positively happy about it, I thought. "She's got the team and the access to find Scarlett. We don't have anyone else to go to."
- In late Januray, 2007, After Scarlett was kidnapped, Kurt contacted Helena asking for help.
- The conversation was productive, and Kurt sent her all information regarding the Library of Babel site.
- Kurt was informed of the ensuing Operation Bayonet.
- Operation Bayonet summary:
- 09-FEB-07 - commended by Nathan Earlywine for her marvelous work at raiding and crippling The Third Power in the city.
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, "Five of Cups Owner Found Dead" link
- article, "Holyoke Housed Stolen Academy Equipment" link
- article, 10-AUG-05 "Holyoke Case Closed" link
- article, 19-SEP-05 "PCBC Economist Found Murdered in Point Dwelling" link
- article, 19-JAN-06 "Police Raid Disrupted, Claim PCPD Sources" link
- article, 31-JAN-07 "6 Killed in Deadly Police Raid on Point link
- article, 09-FEB-07 "Council Speaks on Cube, Third Power" link
- Kurt's blog, The Path Of Least Time
- entry, 05-JAN-06 "Gillit Road" link
- entry, 18-JAN-06 "Helena Frye and the Third Power" link
- entry, 20-FEB-06 "The Clean Rooms" link
- entry, 08-MAR-06 "Relationships" link
- entry, 23-JUN-03 "Exterior Monologue" link
- entry, 29-JUN-06 "Subterranean" link
- entry, 23-AUG-06 "Vanished Into..." link
- entry, 19-JAN-07 "Maing the Call" link
- entry, 20-JAN-07 "A Break" link
- Helena Frye's Theft Case Files