From Perplex City Wiki
(Redirected from Nuru)
- "Nuru" redirects here. Nuru, being a family name, may relate to Frederick Nuru, guest lecturer of Security Engineering in the Department of Cryptology at the Academy.
- Is 38 years old
- Has been a professional sportsman for fifteen years
- Has never won any major game outright
- Placed fifth in Conundrum category of PCAG in 265 AC
- Is a "third-tier player"
- Was ejected from preliminary round of the City Council Classic on suspicion of using cognitive enhancers
- Hoped to return after an appeal but the decision to eject him was upheld
- In early 269, made another plea to be let in the games once again.
- Jonas Sawgrass of the Alliance for Clean Players is adamant that Nuru not be permitted to return to competition.
- Given The headline "Nuru Jeered at Match", it is possible he has been accepted back into the games.
- A counter possibility is that he showed up to a match and was jeered by random people who saw him there.
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 21-MAR-05 PCAG Ejects Nuru link
- More Headlines, 28-MAR-05, "Nuru Requests Mediation"
- letter, 28-MAR-05, from Pierre Badiola
- More Headlines, 15-APR-05 "Nuru Decision Upheld"
- letter, 18-APR-05, from Peter Greeley
- article, 06-APR-06 "Nuru Petitions PCAG for Requalification" link
- more headlines 19-JUN-06 "Nuru Jeered at Match"