From Perplex City Wiki
- Twenty-three locations shut down after City inspectors identify serious health and safety violations at a central food preparation plant
- No known cases of a customer being ill from eating contaminated Crispy Heaven foods
- Crispy Heaven had been on the rise on the PCX
- Services include Crispy Crunchers product line
- Ran a "Take a Bite of Heaven" ad campaign
- As the whole stigma of closings faded from memory, the stores began to do very very well, exceeding expectations.
- 21-MAR-05 - 23 Crispy Heaven locations were shut down after inspectors found serious health and safety violations at the Crispy Heaven central food preperation plant.
- 04-APR-05 - A suit was filed against Crispy Heaven.
- 13-APR-05 - The 23 locations which closed on the 21st March were re-opened.
- 05-MAY-05 - The Crispy Heaven suit had grown but again we were unable to access the full details of this.
- 08-JUL-05 - Sales were exceeding previous years; The business had not only overcome the social stigma attached to it, but exceeded any expectations.
- 25-OCT-05 - Spokesman Gwyneth St. Paul was announcing the success of the company to overcome the whole matter.
- 12-DEC-05 - The case was officially settled out of court. The amount of the settlement remains undisclosed.
- Charles Nebbick, food safety inspector
- Gwyneth St. Paul, Crispy Heaven spokeman
- Julio Franklin, from law firm Gates, Franklin
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 21-MAR-05 "Crispy Heaven Closed" link
- More Headlines, 28-MAR-05 "Crispy Heaven Criticised"
- More Headlines, 04-APR-05 "Suit Filed Against Crispy Heaven"
- article, 13-APR-05 "Crispy Heaven Reopens" link
- More Headlines, 05-MAY-05 "Crispy Heaven Suit Grows" link
- More News In Brief, 26-MAY-05 "Crispy Heaven Recovers"
- More News In Brief, 08-JUL-05 "Crispy Heaven Improves"
- More news in Brief, 24-OCT-05 "Crispy Heaven Gains"
- article, 21-NOV-05 "Demand for Earth Goods Shakes Economy, Report Says" link
- more news in brief, 12-DEC-05 "Crispy Heaven Settles"