Fenlon's Coffee House
- A fine drinking establishment in Perplex City
- Located on Van den Huyghes Street
- Contains various gaming tables
- Originally known as Fenlon's Fine Tea and Coffee Emporium, circa 1730.
- Slogan: "Healthful and refreshing."
Fenlon's is practically a prototypically ideal slice of perplexian lifestyle. The puzzles, questions, and hypotheses which may be discerned in Fenlon's humble walls are profound. A discrete math puzzle which relates to Fenlon's:
Fenlon's Coffee House sells wonderful doughnuts, but for reasons known only to Fenlon himself, you can only order them in boxes of 6, 9 or 20. So, if you wanted to buy 73 donuts, you could buy two boxes of 20, three boxes of 9 and one box of 6.
But what's the largest number of doughnuts you *can't* (precisely) order using these three box sizes?
The Perplex City Sentinel
- news in brief 08-DEC-05 "Fenlon's still has what it takes"
The Path of Least Time
- blog, 16-DEC-05 "Miranda" link