From Perplex City Wiki
- Degenerative brain condition
- Initially manifests by degrading the victim's ethical decision-making centers.
- Sufferers become unable to make consistent moral choices, leading to a variety of antisocial behaviours such as deceit, theft, fraud and increasing incoherence
- In its end stages, sufferers often descend through progressively severe psychosis and ultimately coma and death
- Known people afflicted with Barrow-Feld Syndrome:
- Miranda Katsoulis, Academy Librarian, Isaac Cymbalisty's murderer lied to Kurt that she had Barrow-Feld to justify not talking about her frequent visits to Cognivia but the Ceretin 6 trial, of which she was a part, excluded people with serious psychiatric or medical illness.