From Perplex City WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Date of Birth|
|Occupation||Puzzle Scribe, former CRT|
|kurt at thepathofleasttime dot com|
- Was the Cube Retrieval Project's expert from the department of Natural Sciences before being dismissed in Jan '07 
- Holds a studentship in computer science, with interests in cryptology and physics
- Joined the Academy from West Besley College, where he took an excellent degree
- Also restructured the College's key systems to operate at 200% efficiency
- This method was purchased by Centrifuge Technologies when Kurt was only 20 years old
- Is a self-confessed "geek"
- Will happily spend his free time repairing old pieces of technology or perfecting his collection of replica antique Earth computers
- Enjoys running, and has taken part in the Polygon Path 20k race for the past five years
- Other activities include assisting in the PCAG fireworks show, and competing in the Academy Paper Airplane contest.
- Lives on Magine Lane in the north of the city.
- Is friends with Violet Kiteway
- Helped her break into the Reconstructionists compound
- ...among .. err .. other things.
- Has setup his blog to be only readable by citizens of Earth
- This might be slightly illegal and/or infringing on Academy rules, but is probably okay.
- Due to his sniffing and poking around on the subject of Reynolds Ionizers, his key was infected with some sort of tracking or virus system, causing him to need to reformat, rebuild, and otherwise reconfigure it.
- This was eventually revealed to be done by Claire Castille.
- Is a fan of Mornington Crescent
- Came second in the "All-departments Academy Second Division Crescent Challenge 2005"
- Would have come in first place, if not for his opponent's use of the Reverse Triple-jump Cyclotron tactic, which takes advantage of the fact that the Perplex City Subway runs 24 hours a day.
- Upon Nathan Earlywine's election to the city council leader position, Earlywine issued an order to shut down the Earth-Perplexian data link.
- When this link was infiltrated, Earlywine (and, by proxy, CRT head Garnet Reed) held Kurt responsible, and had him suspended.
- After the Cube was recovered, he was reinstated:
CRT Scribe Reinstated
Puzzle scribe Kurt McAllister has been returned to his prior position in the Academy, following a brief suspension. McAllister was suspended when he became implicated in security flaws in the Earth data ling, but has now been found to be instrumental in protecting the Receda Cube from the Third Power.
--News in brief, 13-FEB-07
- Because of Kurt & Violet's bravery in foiling The Third Power, the City Council has elected to award them the highly prestigious Silver Solve.
See a list of all of Kurt's cards here
- Perplex City Academy Special Projects Division - Cube Retrieval Project link
- Mentioned frequently in Violet Kiteway's blog
- Mentioned in Scarlett's Adventure Timeline.
- Instigated the events of the Mine Manhunt through his search for Miranda
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 09-FEB-07 "Sentinel Exclusive: Iona Interviews... Violet Kiteway: "I Stole the Cube"" link
- article, 13-FEB-07 "Sentinel Exclusive: Iona Interviews... Violet Kiteway: "I Was Wrong"" link
- news in brief, 13-FEB-07 "CRT Scribe Reinstated"
- article, 19-FEB-07 "Pair to Receive Award for Foiling Third Power" link
- article, 23-FEB-07 "All the Earth Deserves the Thanks of All of Perplex City" link
Kurt sent some missives to some of us on Earth, once upon a time. To read what he has written to people, please see: Letters from Kurt