From Perplex City Wiki
- Professor Sedgewick became Senior Fellow of Languages in 240AC
- She has mastered more than 40 languages, and is a leading authority in the ancient languages of the Perplex City region
- She maintains a particular emphasis on techniques of teaching languages to the very young
- Professor Sedgewick holds a fellowship in Comparative Philology at the Centre for Reality Research, and is an advisor to the Department of Natural Sciences on self-regulating translation protocols
- She has won both the Huntingdon and the McKan prizes for her translations of classic works of literature, and continues to hold a PCAG record in the linguistic category
- Professor Sedgewick's lifetime of achievement in the field of language research is now honoured by the annual Sedgewick lecture, given by a scholar on a topic of popular interest
- She is one of less than 20 people in the city who speak Ryfa and Darudin
- In 263, the Carrick Foundation named the Sedgewick Travel Bursary in her honour, to enable a young Academician to spend a year traveling for the purposes of linguistic research
- Professor Sedgewick has been a radical force for change in the city, with a history of protesting issues of environmental and city concern
- She is on the board of the Alchemy Bay Society, the Catbite Nature Protection Fund and is an active member of the Mazy Trust.
- Has "a long and colourful history of civil disobedience, including a notorious incident in 248 in which her students organised a public foreign-language debate over the environmental policies of the Council on the steps of City Hall as their final project."
- Arrested at a protest against development of the Northside Nature Preserve, as one of the organizers/speakers
- Has spoken out against Sente Kiteway's approach to retrieving the cube, suggesting the theft may have been an act of war by Earthlings.
- Was present at the rally against the Academy Museum War exhibit; spoke publicly against.
- Perplex City Sentinel
- Article, "Five Arrested During Northside Protest" link
- Letter, 18 April from J. Beloc, Earth.
- Article, 08-SEP-05 "Iona Interviews... Sente Kiteway" link
- Article, 03-OCT-05 "Museum Protesters Rally After War Exhibit Announced" link
- Article, 23-JAN-06 "Academy Students Wage Epic Annual Snowball Battle" link
- Perplex City Academy Languages Department