The Brotherhood of the Six
- Website: http://www.brotherhoodofthesix.com/index.html
- Warning! It's a really really *really* obnoxious page!
- E-Mail: april.flynnt at brotherhoodofthesix dot com
- A Religious Cult in the City which practices Cubism
- Seen as especially pious
- Follows the gospel according to Gyvann
- Formerly worshiped The Receda Cube as one of the true forms of God.
- This changed, however, when it was revealed that the Cube was a weapon of mass destruction.
- Temple is Located just south of the Mazy River
- May be one of the oldest Cubist groups known.
- Is considered by many to be succeeded by such other Cubist groups as The Reconstructionists and The Brotherhood in the Old Town.
- Includes (though, is not exclusively) a celibate order dedicated to good works and a fuller understanding of the Cube
- Has long kept silent on the topic of construction in the Old Town.
- Began speaking out in favour of construction in mid 2006.
- The significance here is unclear.
- Meditation is a key part of the faith, which is done while sitting inside a large cube.
- Wholeness of body, eschewing drink and drugs are also encouraged tenets
- Also, this is a religion of proselytizing. Spreading the good word is somewhat required of members.
- Observes the Following holy days:
- The Builder's celebration - at Spring Equinox, this is a time to lay foundations to new buildings.
- Gyvann's Day - at summer Solstice, a cheerful celebration with burning torches and feasting, honoring Gyvann
- The Lighting of the Way - at autumn equinox, the festival of re-affirming our dedication to the Cube and of witnessing Gyvann's message to the world.
- Restitution of the Cube - celebrated at the Winter Solstice, with three days of prayer, meditation. It is traditional to light cube-shaped candles at this time.
- In 2006, following the discovery that The Receda Cube was a weapon of mass destruction, religious fervor in the city seemed to flail into an all-time low. However, following an early-December swelling, that year's Restitution of The Cube was met with burgeoning throngs of followers across the city.
- Plans a great commemoration of the Syzygy, an astronomical event considered to have great religious import.
Thank you for your message, to which I shall respond as soon as I am able.
Blessings be upon you. May the light of the Cube shine in your heart now and forever more.
-- Celebrate winter solstice 267 with us! Festive service begins at 9pm on Tuesday 21 December!
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 14-JUN-05 "Holiday Sombre for Pious" link
- article, 30-JUN-05 "Brotherhood Supports Urban Renewal" link
- news in brief, 01-DEC-05 "Mild Winter May Delay Kindling"
- article, 03-NOV-06, "Brotherhood Maintains Plan for Restitution" link
- article, 15-DEC-06 "Brotherhood Reports Record Participation Going into Restitution" link
- article, 01-MAY-07 "Brotherhood Plans Syzygy Jubilee with Beauty Alliance" (link)
- Quirky Acuity
- blog, 07-JUN-05 "Back to the compound" link
- The Path of Least Time
- blog, 01-DEC-05 "Ceremonies" link