Roll For Damage
From Perplex City WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Alejo Jackson||Keenan "KT" Thoreau||Echo West|
- Also referred to as RFD
- Perplex City's top selling band
- Got their start at small venue The Click
- Seventh album Random Encounter exceeded one million mark in its first week of sales
- Eighth album, Take Initiative, was released on September 1st, 2005 at exactly midnight.
- Was very well recieved by an adoring public.
- Sales reached the one million mark within 4 days.
- Is described as "a moodier, darker sound", as compared to earlier works.
- The album was produced by bandmate Echo West
- Tracklist includes Take Initiative, Hit Point, Fumble, Wisdom
- The Sentinel published an excellent review of the album.
- Next album we know of, Character Development, was released in late 2010.
- Was produced at about the same time Alejo was spending some time at Alchemy resort.
- Signed by Hesh Records
- Helix Hesh supports the band immensely in anything they do.
- Played in the 2005 Summer Concert in the Park series at Azad Park.
- Band members were perfectly aware bandmember KT was a Reconstructionist didn't see that it mattered
- Recipient of the City Star public awareness award
- Has a strong collective love of the city
- Encourages youth to take an active interest in public affairs
- The day of the theft of The Receda Cube, they continued to work, even though the rest of the city was paralyzed with shock and despair
- Between albums, the band often separates to create their own experimental sounds
- They find when they get back together they have many more creative influences between them
- Fans of the band caused some civil disruption, in early 2006.
- At a surprise show around March 3, 2006 at The Click, fans almost rioted after the venue filled to capacity with many people left outside, and the police had to be called in, including the auxillary volunteer police
- Similar discord was feared at the next live event on March 14, 2006, at Euler's Disk.
- However, no-one could have predicted the unprecedented result: hundreds of prank calls to the police, over-whelming the authorities with calls of bomb threats, kidnapings, and so on.
- In lieu of the 14-MAR-05 Police crisis, the band have decided to not do any more free shows, until the city's security issues can be assessed.
- Alejo Jackson (vocals)
- Echo West (drummer)
- Keenan "KT" Thoreau (bassist)
- Lulu Hayashi - Hesh talent assistant
- Jinhing McGovern - Hesh sound engineer
- Cyrus Quinton - Hesh sound engineer
- Shane Cobalt - band's publicist
- Cheri Lindemann - president of RFD Fan Club
- Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 28-MAR-05 "Joya to Wed"
- article, 05-APR-05 "RFD Back to Studio" link
- article, 15-MAY-05 "Alejo Arrested" link
- article, 08-JUN-05 "Holiday Fun Schedule" link
- News In Brief, 01-JUL-05, "RFD Announces Album Date"
- article, 04-JUL-05 "KT Shocker: 'I'm a Reconstructionist'" link
- article, 13-JUL-05 "RFD Awarded City Star" link
- news in brief, 01-SEP-05 "Take Initiative Out"
- letters, 01-SEP-05 "No Love Lost"
- article, 05-SEP-05 "Initiative Takes Off" link
- article, 08-SEP-05 "View from Earth: Religious Freedom" link
- article, 15-SEP-05 "Iona Interviews... Keenan Thoreau" link
- article, 22-SEP-05 "Alejo Busted" link
- article, 24-NOV-05 "Iona Interviews.... Helix Hesh" link
- article, 26-JAN-06 "Iona Interviews... Alejo Jackson" link
- article, 06-MAR-06, "Hesh Denies Security Troubles for RFD Performances" link
- article, 09-MAR-06 "RFD to Play Free Show at Euler's Disk on Tuesday" link
- article, 16-MAR-06 "Police Bombarded with Prank Calls" link
- The Path of Least Time
- blog 08-SEP-05 "The Break-In" link
- Anna Heath's Personal Web Site
- blog 09-MAR-06 "Fleming Heath is plotting"
- 08-FEB-06 - Alejo Jackson Chat