From Perplex City Wiki
- Lives in the Artist's Quarter with his partner of 13 years, Keenan "KT" Thoreau
- According to KT, "Ripley doesn't like the rock-star life" -- hence their accomodations tend towards the modest.
- Described by Alejo Jackson as "practically another member of the band, always there for us."
- Converted to Reconstructionism, over the course of 2006.
- According to friends, "seeing KT come out into the open with it really shifted how [he] felt. Ripley never felt like he could live with a secret like that, and things got so much better between them once everybody knew."
- This is a reference to KT's announcement that he is a Recon, on 04-JUL-05.
- After that announcement, Wayans saw how life would not change much, and he could go on as he was, but in a healthier way if he converted.
- Wayans wed his longtime companion Thoreau in a dawn Lighting of the Way ceremony on Alchemy Beach, 23-SEP-06.
- Was handled by Reconstructionist officiant Sister Jaina.
- Thoreau and Wayans spent the preceding night on the beach in meditation;
- They were joined shortly before sunrise by their guests, and the day was celebrated by a surprisingly quiet breakfast on a pavilion overlooking the bay.
- The small ceremony was attended primarily by close friends and relatives, including: