From Perplex City Wiki
(Redirected from War)
PERPLEX CITY, SEASON ONE
- There was a war, which occurred just before the modern era, between Perplex City and Anjsbourg & others.
- Pre-war tensions began in about 1677 (60BC).
- At some point, a number of treaties were signed into effect between such elements as Perplex City and Viehattle.
- It is suggested that Anjsbourg was the first to engage Perplex City in the war.
- Soon after, Machiantes joined with Anjsbourg.
- In the year 1 BC, during the height of war, Viehattle broke off their cease-fire treaties and took the side of Anjsbourg.
- A great event caused the end of open fighting, the details of which are enshrouded in some mystery.
- The Halley Peace Accord was signed in March 2005 (268 AC), which is to lead to the official end of all hostilities.
- In the year 1702 (35BC), stories of the ghost-children Ilja and Anja came to rise.
- These stories were mostly intended to pull at the heartstrings of those who spoke out in favor of war, and suggest the tragedies incited upon the innocents in the countryside.
- Also, this is the subject of one of the earliest pieces of fan-fiction about perplex City by Scott.
- The PCAG history suggests the dawning of modern era, and thus the end of the war, brought a hiatus of Midwinter celebrations.
- Dates: (See In-game Timeline)
- Began around 70BC
- Ended dramatically in 0BC
- Commander of the Perplex City Forces: Rifa Woad
- Academy Master: Vianne Adamek (second half of the war)
- People of note: Anthony Granier; Vikram Castellan; Estelle Desine; Salvant Castille
- Cities which were annihilated: Anjsbourg, Viehattle, Machiantes, Garifex
- Something top secret was kept at Viendenbourg.
- Something of great death and disturbing power was mined, and presumably used by the city as a great weapon.
- It appears to still be in the process of being mined, even today.
The War in Modern Context
- Discussion of the war is a social no-no.
- Some academics' careers have been ruined because they sought studies on the war.
- The popular consensus is that the war of the past should stay in the past.
- A display at the Academy Museum has been announced by curator Anja Marlowe.
- Peace Watchers, led by botanist Soo-Yung Rosenthal, have been protesting every weekend since the announcement
- The display was opened 07-NOV-05
- Daily attendence of the exhibit has topped 8,000 visitors a day, and continues to climb.
- Most days the museum sees a paltry 2,000 visitors.
- "Allain", a student at Edyta College, says the people during the war era had very advanced sciences and medicines.
- Perplexcity Academy
- The Perplex City Sentinel
- article, 01-SEP-05 "Iona Interviews... Anja Marlowe" link
- article, 15-SEP-05 "View from Earth: Teaching War" link
- article, 29-SEP-05 "Academy Museum Announces War Exhibit" link
- article, 29-SEP-05 "View from Earth: History of More War" link
- article, 13-OCT-05 "View From Earth: War of Ideas" link
- article, 03-NOV-05 "War Exhibit Details Released Amid Outcry" link
- article, 17-NOV-05 "View from Earth: Truth or Taboo?" link
- article, 01-DEC-05 "Controversial Exhibit Attracts Crowds" link
- feature, 23-DEC-05 "Year in Review: Newsmakers of 268" link
- article, 16-OCT-06 "Academy, Scott Implicated in Human Trials of Wartime Tech" link