- A part of Perplex City, the Old Town is the location of Perplex City Academy
- Delineated by Caldera Street, Restoration Lane and New Hampden Street.
- The Old Town is featured in the Tour Guide which came with the Parcels from Sente Kiteway
- Crime and rising real estate prices are becoming a serious issue.
- Many want to see the Old Town redeveloped; No-one wants to actually do it.
- Some suggest Developing other areas around the city, such as the Northside.
- The general sense is that the Old Town is somehow doomed or jinxed in a way noone can quite identify.
- Past revitalization efforts have all failed, and there is no reason future endeavours will do any better.
- 23-AUG-05 - Councilman Roy Yolen whimsically suggests tearing down all of Old Town.
- This poorly thought out statement raises quite a furor.
- Later apologized, saying it was "an ill-considered expression of frustration"
- 12-SEP-05 - Raoul Valentin of the Old Town Renewal Committee announces The Lighting of the Way Festival in old-town
- The festival, one of typical gift giving, and observed religiously by Cubists, is being chosen as the perfect time to begin a spirit of renewal in the usually drab Old Town area.
- 04-MAY-06 - A flashcrowd is organized in protest of the Council's treatment of the Old Town -- or rather, lack of treatment at all.
- Raoul Valentin decried the protests, saying that citizens were demanding "rash action rather than careful consideration of the situation." & "What good would it do to spend a billion lecks today if we spend it doing exactly the wrong thing?
- Citizens, however, say this is absurd, and the situation has been studied to death; the time has come to take action.
- The protest took place in Key Square
- 05-MAY-06 - Massive explosion rocks the old town.
- See: Old Town Explosion
Located within Old Town
- The Perplex City Academy
- Five of Cups
- Locus Technology
- Renovated Montclear Court and Gardens
Note: the Old Town is central to Perplex City and is referenced often and in many places, if only by its noteworthy orientation; The following may not include all occurences of the Old Town in any context, but should cover the important points where it comes up explicitly.
- Perplex City Sentinel
- feature, 23-APR-05 "The Perplex City Tour Guide" link
- article, 26-MAY-05 "'Earth Artefacts' Fraudulent" link
- feature, 08-JUN-05 "Holiday Fun Schedule" link
- article, 13-JUN-05 "Northside Preserve Development Killed" link
- article, 30-JUN-05 "Brotherhood Supports Urban Renewal" link
- article, 25-AUG-05 "Councilman Gaffe Brews Storm" link
- article, 12-SEP-05 "Lighting in Old Town Begins Renewal" link
- letters, 19-SEP-05 "Old Town, Old Tactics"
- article, 28-MAR-06, Reconstructionist Accuses Cult of stealing Cube" link
- article, 04-MAY-06 "Old Town Residents Hold Protest Rally" link
- article, 05-MAY-06 "Explosion Rocks Old Town Apartments" link
- Quirky Acuity
- blog, 06-JUL-05 "blue day" link