From Perplex City Wiki
This is a work in progress.
Syzygy and Gatehouse 24
- 16-JAN-04 - Though we don't know it yet (nor will we for some long while), the cube is stolen!
- 24-Feb-04 - Projectsyzygy.com Initial Announcement
- 08-Oct-04 - Perplexcity.com Website Update
- 14-Oct-04 - "Project Syzygy Is Complete"; New cache file added "0595630738.cache"; Link on Firebox to "The Cube" found in catalog. Description of item on website follows to UnForums!
- 18-Oct-04 - The Perplexcity.com website was being explored and trawled over by many people. Among the discoveries: talk of Shoes, Gatehouse 24, and some Perplex City Errorlogs.
The Newspaper Text
- Perplex City Postcards were spotted in random places around the world.
- 16-Feb-05 - Perplex City Video was spotted on the Perplexcity.com website. It would be updated periodically over the next few weeks. All of the cumulative bits would combine to become the Newspaper Text.
- 17-Feb-05 - USA Today 17.02.05 Also the first actual contact: Sente Emails
- 23-Feb-05 - NY Sun 22.02.05
- 23-Feb-05 - The Times 23.02.05
- 28-Feb-05 - Daily Telegraph 28.02.05
- 02-Mar-05 - La Presse 02.03.05; learned Sente's full name is Sente Kiteway
- 05-Mar-05 - Toronto Globe & Mail 05.03.05
- 08-Mar-05 - LA Times 08.03.05
- 11-Mar-05 - SE Fifth and 40th
- 14-Mar-05 - South China Morning Post 14.03.05
- 19-Mar-05 - Abbey Road Live Event
- 21-Mar-05 - The Guardian 21.03.05
- 21-MAR-05 - The Newspaper Text was completed; The Perplex City Sentinel discovered.
- Updates would occur weekly.
- Updates to the Sentinel continue to this day, though the schedule has changed over time.
- 02-APR-05 - Scarlett Kiteway, Sente's daughter, writes a letter to the Sentinel. In it, she embeds a clue to her own website: The Scarlett Kite. This site, too, has been updated continuously ever since then.
- 06-APR-05 - "Recon Eight Released from Police Custody"; we are introduced to the Reconstructionists as a radical group of religious zealots.
- 22-APR-05 - Sente sent us some mail promising a package. We were sent to http://www.perplexcity.com/email/ (which is now defunct). This simple action allowed people to get entered into the system to recieve their "333 packages". This appears to be the only time the 333 Leitmarks are ever to be given out.
- 24-APR-05 - The Sentinel announces a desire to run articles written by people on Earth. This would be known as "View From Earth". This feature continues to this day. Starting in early 2006, points on the Leaderboard were awarded for published articles.
- 24-APR-05 - Bernardo Holyoke is murdered. We don't find out about it for some while.
- 26-APR-05 - "Five of Cups Owner Found Dead" article published. It is the tip of the ice-berg, for us. From here we can go forward in time to Pietro Salk's death, which lead to the Salklogs.doc, which led to us talking to Monica Grand, which led to the Receda Trail, which led us to ask about The Third Power, and on, and on, and on.
- 09-MAY-05 - the first "View from Earth" article is published. It is by Hannah Saks. it is excellent. :)
- 11-MAY-05 - "Holyoke Housed Stolen Academy Equipment" article published. Followup item. It seems aimed at misdirecting us from what's really going on. Though they aren't mentioned, the "equipment" mentioned is the first appearance of Reynolds Ionizers and Klebold Plates.
- 23-MAY-05 - We first learn of Joya's pregnancy, at least speculatively. It has little impact on the story proper, a this time.