|Perplex City Information
Season 1: The Receda Cube was stolen from the Academy Museum in a daring heist. Through clever use of Puzzle Cards sent to Earth by Sente Kiteway, as well as deucedly clever gumshoeing by everyone involved, we discovered Violet Kiteway, Sente's daughter, stole the cube to protect it from The Third Power.
Season 2: After foiling V at the Radio 1 Big Weekend, Mind Candy announced a premature end to what promised to be a good set of stories.
- The Djinn virus, which the card is about, infected Keys around the city, causing 750 million Lecks of damage.
- All this havoc was caused by Redward Price, an aspiring young Academy pupil with something to prove.
- Looking for the French Puzzle Card translation project? See: Perplexe Cité
- A la recherche de Perplexe Cité ? Suivez le guide!
- Links list - Everything linking to Perplex City, everyone, every company, every blog, every site maintained by people in the city; it's all found here.
- Site services - The ARGing community is absolutely rich with links to, from, and about Perplex City! From IRC logs to Google-style maps, you'll find it all here. All the important stuff, all in one easy to locate resource.
- Puzzletools - ARGers old and new may find use for these crypto and organizational tools.
- Unsolved mysteries - Many questions. There are secrets in every corner of this city. We attempt to collect the most pertinent ones here.
- Trails - Cataloging major events in the city is something of a concerted effort. This page collects pages which chronicle events big and small, past and present. A page pointing to other pages. A meta-page, if you will.
- Main Characters - The city is populated by 5 million people. most of them are none of our business. Some of them, however, are especially interesting.
- Site Mirrors - Care to see what has come before? Read it all at length here.
- Misc Documents - With great questions come great answers. sometimes, in the form of paper. sometimes in the form of more questions.
The last remaining solvable puzzle cards have been solved!
Look Here First!
- #syzygy @ irc.chat-solutions.org:6667
- #perplexorum @ irc.appliedirc.com:6667
- #perplexorum Full Logs - Full IRC logs of #perplexorum
Season 2, getting up to speed
- Since the Cube's return, Violet has become something of a sleuthing celebrity. Read her blog at a new address: http://www.violetunderground.com/
- The Sentinel, Perplex City's prominent news-source, has a sharp new look (with new advertisers). The address is the same, however: http://www.perplexcitysentinel.com/
- New for Season Two, the Perplex City main page has all new scoring, a new address, a new layout, and a new angle. FUN!! http://www.welovepuzzles.com/
- As welovepuzzles.com is to the cards, perplexcitystories.com is to the ARG. The two are not mutually exclusively, but you may expect to see more interactive and sneaky things going on over here: http://www.perplexcitystories.com/
- And, for the curiouser, a developer's blog: http://blog.perplexcitystories.com/
Frequently Used Tools
Did You Know...
- The Cubehunters on Earth were prompted Violet Kiteway to produce a book. The hows and whys are a bit complicated, but the result was pretty impressive!
- You can read the book, and some parts which didn't make it in, here: Tales From Earth
- You are strongly encouraged to buy the book from Lulu.com, with all profits going to unFiction.